If you are reading Tech entertainment stories from TechCrunch or Venture Beat you might be overwhelmed by the amount of advice that you get as an entrepreneur. Do this, do that…etc. Still at some point you see the same websites over and over again. I decided I want to try and create something different….
I created an agregated list of good advice for entrepnurs and was trying (as much as possible) to avoid the major websites and walk off the beaten track.
(…And don’t forget to add your own at the comments, possible with a relevant link.)
1) Raise money – Creative Ways To Raise Money For Your Startup
2) Work hard – The Truth about Hard Work and Entrepreneurial Success
3) (or) Work Smart – 5 Unusual Ways to Start Working Smarter, Not Harder, Backed by Science
4) Build a team – What no one talks about when building a team: letting people go
6) Measure ROI – GROWTH TALKS #01: HOW TO MEASURE CONTENT ROI? WITH ROY POVARCHIK
7) Hire smart people – How to Recognize Smart People for Your Startup Team
8) Learn to code – My Advice for Young Entrepreneurs? Learn to code
9) Or don’t – Should Entrepreneurs Code? Founders Share Their Views
10) Speak at conferences – Why You Should Speak At Meetups And Conferences
11) Get a mentor – Finding The Perfect Mentor: Stories from 4 Successful Entrepreneurs
12) Join an accelerator or incubator – When is The Right Time to Join an Accelerator or an Incubator?
13) Blog – All Entrepreneurs Should Blog
14) Make a to do list – An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Building an Efficient To-Do List
15) Make a not to-do list – Effective Entrepreneurship: The Not To Do List
16) Improve your pitch – How to improve your investment pitch
17) Listen – The Art of Growing Your Team – Listening
18) Be honest – Being Honest Makes You a Better Entrepreneur
19) Be Transparent – How to Build a Transparent Company the Buffer Way
20) Find a co-founder – Why you can’t find a technical co-founder
21) Find work life balance – How to find work/life balance as an entrepreneur
22) Value investing – This $1 Can Change Your Life; Personal Finance 101 for Entrepreneurs
23) Be happy – Helping entrepreneurs to succeed – and to be happy
24) Care – When Caring is the Work
25) (or just) Don’t do it – Why should you not become an entrepreneur?
26) Mediate – 10 Reasons You Should Meditate Every Day
27) Write everyday – The Ultimate Writing Guide for Entrepreneurs
29) Sleep – The Beginner’s Guide to Getting Better Sleep
30) Eat healthy – Put Down That Ramen! Top 10 Reasons Entrepreneurs Need to Stay Healthy
31) Exercise – Why Every Entrepreneur Should Go to the Gym
32) Set goals – How to Set Entrepreneurial Goals in 2015 (and Keep Them!)
33) Or not… – Entrepreneurs: Don’t Set Goals
36) Don’t leave your email inbox open all day long – An Interview with Craig Jarrow, The Time Management Ninja
37) Wake up early – Rising Early: Why Successful People Do It & How You Can Too
Now, if you are in China you defiantly have a few more!
38) Get a visa to stay (This one is difficult and requires a separate post) – China’s New Visa Rules Screw Over Startups and Entrepreneurs
39) Learn Chinese (a little cliché, but some Chinese skills would help) – Why Skritter App Makes me Spend $518.49?
40) Find your community – Lean Startup Beijing Meetup . (Disclaimer, I’m the organizer of this group, come check us out)
41) What else?
Photo by Wicker Paradise